The Nominations Committee is currently accepting nominations for President-elect and Treasurer-elect for 2019. If interested, or you know someone who would be perfect for one of these roles, please provide the following to Dr. LaTesa Hughes (firstname.lastname@example.org) by August 3, 2018:
- a biography
- a statement of interest detailing your/their background, experience within NCAB, qualifications and why you/they are the best candidate for the job
- a high – resolution photograph (jpg)
- Terms of Office: The President-elect serves for a three year obligation: President-Elect, President and Immediate Past-President. Each term is one year.
- The President-Elect shall assume the office of the President at the expiration of the latter's term or upon the President's resignation or inability to continue to serve as determined by the Council. It shall be the President-Elect's duty to preside at all general and scientific meetings of the Branch and meetings of the Council in the absence of the President and to appoint the Seminar Chairperson for the Seminar to be held during his/her presidential administration. The President-Elect will review and revise the Constitution and/or By-Laws as necessary.
- The President shall preside at general and scientific meetings of the Branch, and at meetings of the Council. The President shall convene the Council at least twice each year, and as often as the business of the Branch may require its action. He/she shall appoint the Chairperson of each standing committee. The President shall be an ex officio member of all committees and shall be the principal Branch officer to which all committees shall be responsible.
- Terms of Office: The Treasurer shall be elected for a three-year term, first year is a year in training with the existing treasurer and the final two with full treasurer duties. They shall be eligible for no more than two consecutive terms.
- The term of office shall be for three years. The Treasurer shall be responsible for all financial matters of the Branch and be bonded during their term of office as deemed necessary by vote of council. A licensed accounting firm will manage the receipt of monies and payment of bills. The Treasurer shall report to the Council at each meeting thereof a statement of the current income, expenses and balance, and the January meeting report to the Branch the balance sheet of funds and income for the year.
All nominees must be active NCAB members -- have you renewed your Membership for 2018? Please visit the Membership section to renew today!